Afterword

The following was written by the Vanquisher of Anonymous-ness.


My "life story" was amusing, I must say. Though I found it to be slightly unrealistic. Though your story is a work of fiction, and thus inaccuracies are to be expected, I would like you to humor me and post these "corrections" as a sort of afterword to Anonymous. If you find there are suggestions you have regarding these corrections, email your thoughts.

As the subject of this fictitious work, I feel it is only fair that I am allowed to tell the story of what really happened. Of how everything really began. Of why I am how I am.

There are no gunfights in the real story. There are no monthly moves or action sequences.

But I would like to think it is interesting nonetheless.

It all started not very long ago. An anonymous commenter had been posting on a blog, using anagrams as their name. However, the anagrams soon were cracked, and with the anagram came the commenter's idenity. Being the journalistic type, I logged into my Blogger account, loaded the post in question, and typed out a curt reply:

"'Rob Rhet...' anagram of brother. Wonder who that was..."

A second later my mouse was above the 'post button, my finger about to click.'

I could have ended it all right there. Before it even started.

But then it happened. The moment of indecision.

I moved the mouse away from the post button, and to the comment settings. On an impulse I selected "Other," and into the "Name" box I whimsically typed

"Vanquisher Of Anonymous-ness"

When it started it was fun. It was a game. A foolish game. Only now do I realize the severity of what I had done.

It was done. I could not take it back

I had donned the mask of anonymity. I wear it still to this day. And there is no going back.