Chapter Eight

"It was a hell of a crash."

"Yeh got that right. Compress his chest."

"Sure"

1

2

3

"How the hell is he still alive?"

"Don't know exactly what happened. Was he in the car?"

"No. He was just lying there, on the asphalt."

1

2

3

"Was there anyone else there with him?"

"No. Everybody else was in their car. That SUV got the worst of it."

"Anyone alive in it?"

"The driver was dead on the scene. A woman was in the backseat, though. She was pretty banged up."

1

2

3

"She's on her way?"

"Yeah."

"How the hell did he get thrown out of the car?"

"Dunno. His door was completely smashed up, but it was shut."

"Windshield broken?"

"We would have seen glass if he had flown through it."

1

2

3

"We're here"

The doors open, allowing the cold January air to rush in.

Within a second, Voah was on the move.

"The hell...?"

"Car accident. Collapsed lung, skull trauma, severe arm injuries."

"Anyone else coming in?"

"One woman, worse off than this kid"

"Not anymore"

"What?"

"She flat-lined on the way. I just got the call."

"Shit"

"Keep moving"

"Where was he?"

"On the pavement"

"The pavement? Door or windshield?"

"No indication of either."

"What?"

"No glass, door was smashed shut"

"Hmm. Oh, shit. He's seizing. Hold him."

1

2

3

"Okay, we're gonna need an operating room quick. Let's get moving."

1

2

3

"What's his name?"

"No idea."

"Alright."

"Doctor!"

"You've got the OR?"

"Yeah. OR six."

"Fine. Move him and prep him. I'll be right in."

"...where'd it..."

"Shit!"

"What?"

"He's talking!"

"And...?"

"Just freaked me out is all."

"Fine. Get an oxygen line to him, quick. I'll get the anesthesiologist."

"go... to?"

"What's your name, kid?"

"...I..."

"I'm talking to an dying body. What's wrong with me?"

"...I..."

"What?"

"I... don't..."

"Your name."

"I think... Vanquisher..."

"Funny name. Shit, you're crashing. Doctor!"

"What...? Hell. Okay, stop. 350 cc's. Charge."

1

2

3

"CLEAR!"